Terraform Cloud Engineer
- Pittsburgh, PA
- Full Time
- numo Cloud Services
- Mid Level
numo is a team of technologists, designers, business thinkers, and academics that we create and incubate new fintech companies. We launch products for a variety of financial institutions and beyond to help them solve compelling pains. Funded in full by our parent financial institution, we do more with ideas than just talk about them—we have the tools and resources necessary to bring them to life.
We are building our top-notch team of DevOps and SecOps engineers to support a company operating nimbly in a highly regulated industry. We take pride in everything we put our name on, hold ourselves accountable, depend on each other, and get things done. We hail from a wide variety of backgrounds and skillsets. We use modern tools and emerging best practices. We learn from our mistakes and have each other's backs.
We’re looking for a Terraform Cloud Engineer to join the numo team. As Cloud Engineer, you'll work in a cloud environment alongside our product teams to identify their needs, create reusable tools to meet those needs, and help our teams thrive in the face of rapidly changing technical requirements. This full-time role will be based in Pittsburgh, PA.
What you'll work on:
- Deploying and supporting infrastructure and products running in AWS
- Deploying and supporting various common enterprise-class SaaS tools
- Helping to mature our security operations practice
- Contributing to our infrastructure, build, and deployment tools
- Integrating security, audit, deployment, and logging tools
- Supporting engineering teams by creating or improving automation tools and build systems
A sampling of our current tools and the technologies we support for AWS: Lambda, CodePipeline, Terraform, CloudFormation, Ansible, Docker, Splunk, and many others.
What we're looking for:
- 2+ years experience operating fault-tolerant distributed applications in a cloud environment, especially AWS
- Adaptability in the face of shifting requirements or rapidly evolving technical needs
- Good documentation habits and a methodical approach to problem-solving
- Comfortable using git in a multi-team setting
- Familiarity with container management practices
- Experience implementing load balancers, application routers, or firewalls
- Automation-first approach to systems management - experience writing code and using configuration management tools
- Demonstrated ability to adopt new technologies, languages, and frameworks
- History of collaboration with multiple teams, able to productively interface with peers of varying skill levels
What we offer:
- Competitive salary + great benefits
- Opportunity to work on cool new technology
- Equity ownership in our spinoff companies
We don't expect all candidates to hit every mark on this list. If you know you have a solid skillset covering most of these areas, we want to hear from you.