Senior Software Engineer - indi
indi is a digital banking platform built specifically for the self-employed and the companies they work with. Being self-employed comes with a lot of freedom and flexibility, but it lacks many benefits of traditional salaried work. We want to close some of those gaps and empower our users to thrive in the work they do, without all the challenges that come with it. Our fintech startup is proudly backed by numo, a venture platform of a top-five financial institution.
We're hiring a Senior Software Engineer to join our remote-first team — to help drive our growth and build our platform to serve workers and employers.
What you'll work on:
- Be an integral part of the development team across our technology stack which includes Scala, Python, and is hosted on AWS.
- Perform code reviews, pair program, and ensure set metrics for unit test coverage are met.
- Be willing to learn new technologies. If you are not familiar with some of or all of our tech stack, we will be happy to help you ramp up.
- Actively identify technical debt, bugs, and / or areas of improvement and be an advocate for those issues.
- Develop, design, and architect software that is scalable, robust, testable, easy to maintain, and easily deployed.
- Lead peers and junior team members through influence, communication, and mentorship.
Success looks like...
- Within your first month: have a strong grasp of the current architecture, the team, and our processes.
- Within your first 3 months: actively develop features that deliver value to customers.
- Within your first 6 months: leading the design and implementation of larger system components.
What we're looking for:
- Real-world experience building products, ideally 5+ years
- Expertise in modern architectures (e.g., microservices, event-based, map-reduce, etc.) and developing REST APIs
- Experience with deploying and developing for cloud environments (AWS: Lambda, API Gateway, SNS, SQS)
- Experience with object-oriented programming and functional programming
- Experience with Scala, Java, C#
- Experience with Terraform a plus
- Familiarity with modern open-source thinking and tools (git, continuous builds, continuous deployment, containers, DevOps, Docker)
- Have a strong desire to mentor the careers and development of other engineers
- A computer science degree is desired, but not required if you have real-world experience
What we offer:
- A diverse, equitable, and inclusive team culture
- Work onsite at our offices in Pittsburgh, or 100% remotely
- Competitive salary, great benefits, work-life balance & flexibility
- Opportunity to own equity in what you develop
indi is a remote-first team. Candidates from any location in the U.S. are encouraged to apply.