numo creates fintech startups. We look for opportunities in financial services and rapidly build products that tackle those opportunities using cutting-edge technologies.
We are a subsidiary company of a major financial services company. We use that connection to our advantage—whether it’s accessing a national bank charter, tapping into bank datasets, or leveraging a national customer base to launch and scale consumer or enterprise products.
Given our funding and connection, we can do more with great ideas than just talk about them—we have the tools and resources necessary to bring them to life. Our goal is to build impactful products and spin them off into world-class companies.
numo is seeking a Sr. Engineering Manager, Cloud Architecture & Security to lead its Infrastructure & Security Team
Numo is seeking an innovative Cloud & Security Engineering Manager who possesses strong engineering skills to help solve challenging business problems.
As the Sr. Engineering Manager, Cloud Architecture & Security, you’ll be part of the numo Software Development & Infrastructure team focused on helping design and evolve our innovative and cutting-edge security capabilities and help secure our enterprise product initiatives. You’ll be a critical part of ensuring security is designed and integrated into our cloud services, aligning our products’ needs with technology.
You’ll participate in decision-making processes across our product engineering teams and have an opportunity to influence implementation of sound architectural and engineering best practices. You’ll be responsible for identifying business use cases for technical capabilities, reducing technical debt, and leading and developing the value proposition for new products and services numo invests in. You’ll also lead initiatives to share knowledge across our product teams and work closely with other technical leaders throughout numo to design and implement digital transformational solutions.
- Advise the numo management team and product owners on cybersecurity matters, and protection, detection and threat prevention capabilities
- Create cloud and security architecture strategy in alignment with business and technology objectives
- Work closely with our product owners and engineering teams to define the strategic direction of products hosted in the Cloud and promote resilient engineering practices
- Provide oversight and technical leadership across all cybersecurity functional domains to ensure confidentiality, integrity, and availability of all systems
- Articulate cybersecurity architecture vision, security strategies and risk implications to key stakeholders to guide leadership decision-making
- Design and integrate new cybersecurity solutions
- Prepare reports and technical presentations for management decision-making
- Manage a small team to resolve and remediate security issues and/or vulnerabilities
What we're looking for:
- 10+ years’ experience in cybersecurity and/or Cloud or Platform Engineering
- Experience managing a team of direct reports in software and/or IT
- Expertise in engineering AWS services as well as designing security capabilities and securing the services leveraging applicable cloud security capabilities in areas of IAM, endpoint security, network security, data protection and application security practices
- Experience working in a DevOps environment
- Knowledge of container platforms and their design practices in Kubernetes
- Strong knowledge of next-gen technical architectures, evolving business practices, development practices, finding innovative ways to enable secure business practices and strong risk management skills.
- Experience building current and future state architectures, threat models, leveraging agile methodologies
- Knowledge of software-defined networking solutions
- Excellent verbal and written negotiation skills including the ability to author and present materials ranging from detailed technical specifications to high-level presentations.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in computer science, cybersecurity, or related field
A plus to have:
- Knowledge of payment services compliance
- Knowledge of cybersecurity frameworks
What we offer:
- Opportunity to work on innovative fintech products
- Passionate, driven team members
- Competitive salary and great benefits
- Opportunity to own equity in what we're developing