At numo, we create and incubate new "fintech" companies. We have the good fortune of starting from a clean slate and are able to use the latest and greatest backend frameworks and tools. We need a skilled, passionate, experienced, hands-on mobile developer to lay the framework so we can rapidly build the myriad of ideas we are contemplating. Along the way, you will work with an excellent team of fellow engineers, product managers and designers on a variety of interesting projects.
Here's what you'll be working on:
- Designing and building our iOS and Android mobile software products (we are currently using the Flutter framework)
- Creating an architecture upon which multiple mobile apps can be built
- Building apps that are easy to use, robust, testable, easy to maintain and easily deployed
- Lead / mentor other engineers on the team
- Help recruit a diverse set of excellent engineers to work alongside you
Skills, Experience and Characteristics
We are looking for:
- Real life experience creating and deploying mobile apps, ideally for both iOS and Android
- Knowledgeable about architectural concepts such as error handling, data validation, internationalization, form handling, routing, calling APIs, etc.
- Knowledgeable about mobile OS features such as deep linking, notifications, preferences, permissions, camera, GPS, etc.
- Experience with Flutter and/or Dart would be huge plus, but in lieu of that, the ability, aptitude and willingness to learn a new framework and a new language
- Experience with Kotlin, Objective-C and/or Swift would be very helpful (even though we are developing in Flutter/Dart, we'll likely need to create some custom functionality in the native platform)
- We like ployglot programmers, especially those with experience in both statically typed languages and dynamic languages (and the wisdom to know when to use each)
- Experience with Xcode, Android Studio and/or IntelliJ
- Ability to use and incorporate 3rd party REST APIs into your apps
- Familiarity with modern open source thinking and tools (git, continuous builds, continuous deployment, containers, dev ops)
- Test-driven mindset (always asking yourself 'How are we going to test this?')
- Love of learning (you are excited at the chance to learn new technologies)
- Desire to build and be part of a fun, high-functioning team
- Documentation mindset
- A computer science degree is desired, but not required if you have real-world experience
What numo offers
- Competitive salary
- Cool office space at Bakery Square
- Opportunity to work on cool new technology
- Great benefits
Who we are
numo creates software for the financial services industry. We are a team of technologists, designers, business thinkers, and academics that create software and data products. The model is unique. We build innovative consumer and enterprise software in house by applying cutting edge approaches, technology, and data analysis techniques to financial service opportunities. Through academic and corporate partnerships, we source our project ideas by understanding immediate business challenges at PNC. We work directly with staff inside the bank to build products that will create immediate value for PNC we architect products so that they can be spun off into standalone companies.
Note: When applying, we like to see a thoughtful cover letter.