numo is seeking a VP of Engineering to join our leadership team.
The ideal candidate is a hands on technologist with a demonstrated track record of delivering high quality software products in a dynamic environment and recruiting and leading talented engineers at startups, consulting firms, or innovative large companies.
The VP of Engineering will shape the architecture for the numo technology stack and product suite which includes consumer and enterprise products built on AWS, scala, python, and flutter.
The VP of Engineering will be involved in every phase of the numo product incubation process including early stage prototyping through product launch and spinoff company scaling.
- Lead the numo engineering, infrastructure, and security teams.
- Report to numo CEO.
- Work closely with numo Venture teams to select product ideas for incubation and rapidly build early stage proof of concepts.
- Evolve numo’s approach to software development, currently agile using Atlassian tools
- Collaborate with technical academic partners at partner universities.
- Build a staff of top notch technical talent.
- Explore emerging tools and technologies and create a point of view on if and how to integrate them into the numo technology stack.
Experience & expertise:
- Demonstrated experience recruiting & leading high performing technical teams
- Ability to successfully operate in the startup, corporate, and academic worlds
- Expertise in both enterprise and consumer technology development
- Deep technical expertise in application architecture and development standards, security and infrastructure, distributed APIs, identity platforms
- Expertise in data science fields (AI, machine learning, large scale ETL) is a plus
- Expertise related to the current numo technology stack: AWS, terraform, scala, python, flutter
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or related field
- Masters or PhD in related field is a significant plus
- Expertise working with 3rd party integrations using modern API techniques
- Experience in the financial services industry a plus but not required
- Collaborative leader who fits the numo values: Good Egg, Bias Toward Action, Consensify, Foxhole, Done Done. More details at www.numo.com.
We are a team of technologists, designers, business thinkers, and academics that create software and data products. We pair opportunities in FinTech with cutting-edge technologies and data analysis. Funded in full by our parent financial institution, we do more with ideas than just talk about them—we have the tools and resources necessary to bring them to life. We launch products for a variety of financial institutions and beyond to help them solve compelling pains.
What numo offers
- Competitive salary
- Cool office space at Bakery Square
- Opportunity to work on cool new technology
- Great benefits