numo is a seeking Compliance Manager who will take a leadership role in setting numo’s policies, procedures and practices related to all aspects of our fintech products including operational risk, technology risk, fraud and compliance.
The compliance manager will drive and manage efforts to identify technical, functional, operational, and compliance risks, and drive projects to remediate issues, including technical and process fixes.
The ideal candidate will have expertise in the financial services industry across enterprise, consumer and business products and with that, an understanding of the differing policies, rules and regulations that go along with each of these areas.
- Author and manage compliance and risk management policies and procedures for numo and its subsidiaries
- Report directly to numo COO
- Advise the CEO, COO, numo teams and banking partner on these policies
- Establish processes and controls around established policies
- Set up and maintain risk and compliance reporting for numo and its subsidiaries
- Collaborate with bank partners on compliance and risk matters
- Work closely with numo venture, product and engineering teams to advise on possible risk and compliance matters
- Drive effective teamwork, communication, collaboration and commitment across multiple disparate groups with competing priorities
Experience & expertise:
- Deep expertise in both consumer financial and banking regulations (AML/BSA, KYC, Reg E, etc)
- Compliance and risk management expertise in the financial services industry (consumer, B2B, etc.)
- Experience working with 3rd parties and being a 3rd party as it relates to managing risk and compliance issues
- Ability to successfully operate in the startup, corporate, and academic worlds
- Remain flexible to changing priorities and be open to new ideas
- Proven ability to take ownership, self-motivate, and deliver results in highly ambiguous environments
- Ability to exercise sound judgment, problem solve, and make decisions in complex situations
- Multidisciplinary experience in risk, program management and product development is a significant plus
- Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting, business, information systems or a related field
- Collaborative leader who fits the numo values: Good Egg, Bias Toward Action, Consensify, Foxhole, Done Done. More details at www.numo.com.
We are a team of technologists, designers, business thinkers, and academics that create software and data products. We pair opportunities in FinTech with cutting-edge technologies and data analysis. Funded in full by our parent financial institution, we do more with ideas than just talk about them—we have the tools and resources necessary to bring them to life. We launch products for a variety of financial institutions and beyond to help them solve compelling pains.
What numo offers
- Competitive salary
- Cool office space at Bakery Square
- Opportunity to work on cool new technology
- Great benefits